You have so many options for dinner at the Plaza. Food of nearly every style and price is available around one corner or another. The variety is one of the things that make the Plaza one of Kansas City’s most popular districts.
How do you choose between all these different restaurants for a nice Plaza dinner? That is, of course, ultimately up to you and your preferences. However, there is one restaurant that stands out. When you consider the menu, the atmosphere, the price-point and the drinks, you can’t find anything better than Parkway Social Kitchen.
Parkway serves up the best dinner at the Plaza. Located at the corner of Jefferson Street and Ward Parkway, it’s a short walk from anywhere in this bustling shopping district. The food is carefully prepared and locally sourced as much as possible. The staff is eager to serve you, and the space itself is built to fulfill Parkway’s mission of offering food with a sense of community.
Weeknight or weekend, early evening or late night, you can come to Parkway for a delicious Plaza dinner.
What Makes a Good Plaza Dinner Experience?
Your experience at a restaurant is made up of more than food. Of course, the food is the primary attraction. But, other parts of a restaurant can make or break your night. The ribs may be perfect, but they don’t taste quite as good if you had to wait an hour at your table.
Parkway is the best place for dinner at the Plaza because it hits all the right notes in all the right areas.
- Service: The staff at Parkway understands the mission: Food with a sense of community. That’s built into our DNA, and it informs the way you will be served. From the front door to your table, a friendly face will be excited to make you feel at home. Service is attentive, quick and welcoming.
- Atmosphere: You’ll love how Parkway feels. The environment compliments the food. Our upstairs dining space wraps around the bar in the center of the restaurant, and you’ll find the large windows open on a nice evening. Downstairs, The Lounge is adorned in red-velvet decor. Head down for a drink in an intimate venue. The whole space, upstairs and down, helps create great conversation.
- Menu: Parkway’s Plaza dinner menu offers a new, elevated take on dishes you know and love. Between the starters, salads, sandwiches and entrees, there’s something for everyone. Our approach to food focuses on straightforward quality, which means generous portions prepared excellently. There’s no unnecessary fanciness at Parkway — just a great dinner at the Plaza.
- Bar: A tasty nightcap is always a good idea to end a dinner at the Plaza. Parkway’s bar menu is extensive. You have an abundance of options with a variety of specialty cocktails, spirits, wines and local beers.
Plaza Dinner Menu at Parkway
The dinner menu is open for business starting at 4 p.m. If it’s a weekday, you can double up with dinner and happy hour, which runs until 6 p.m. It’s hard to go wrong with a cheap drink and delicious meal.
Parkway’s Plaza dinner menu is extensive, and you can take a look at the whole thing to find what sounds best to you. Here are a few customer favorites that we believe make for a great dinner at the Plaza:
- Tater Tots: A crispy golden shell stuffed with pepper jack cheese, served with honey mustard and ketchup
- Ahi Tuna: Thinly sliced tuna, served with arugula, pickled ginger and soy glaze
- Parkway: Mixed greens, cornbread croutons, bacon, corn, eggs, tomato and buttermilk garlic dressing
- Brussel Sprout: Thinly shaved raw Brussels sprouts, arugula, goat cheese, dried cherries, pecans and brown butter vinaigrette
- Grilled Chipotle Chicken: Grilled chicken, pepper jack cheese, avocado, arugula, tomato and chipotle sauce
- Turkey Apple Brie: Layered smoked turkey, smoked bacon, Granny Smith apple and brie
- Baby Back Ribs: A full rack of number one grade pork ribs, slathered in house made BBQ sauce and served with seasoned fries and dill coleslaw
- Cilantro Lime Shrimp: Six wood-fired jumbo shrimp served on top of lime rice, with a seasonal vegetable and salsa
- Prime Filet: A wood-fired filet topped with honey butter, served with rustic mashed potatoes and a seasonal vegetable
These are only a handful of the options on Parkway’s Plaza dinner menu. There’s something for everyone, and all at a reasonable price. So, whether you’re going out for a date, bringing the whole family or meeting with a business partner, Parkway is the place to go for dinner at the Plaza.
As one of Kansas City’s most heavily trafficked entertainment districts, the Plaza can fill up quick. You’re always welcome to walk in to Parkway, but you can also make a reservation. Call in to (816) 214-5616 or reserve your table online. Seeking a space for a larger group? Reserve The Lounge today.
We’ll see you soon.