The Country Club Plaza is one of Kansas City’s most popular entertainment districts. It is home to over 100 stores and more than 30 restaurants. Thousands of shoppers a day stroll through it streets and stop in its stores, and then around noon begin looking for a bite to eat for lunch at the Plaza.
Where should you go? With so many options, it can almost feel overwhelming. Allow us to make it simple for you: When you’re looking for lunch on the Plaza in Kansas City, your best option is Parkway Social Kitchen.
You can find Parkway on the corner of Ward Parkway and Jefferson Street — an easy walk from anywhere on the Plaza. Parkway joined the thriving Plaza community in the fall of 2017, and quickly jumped to the forefront of Kansas City’s growing restaurant scene. Lead by head chef John Hammack, previously with the beloved KC Plaza Houston’s, Parkway offers a diverse menu of delicious options for your Plaza lunch.
Come see for yourself why there’s no better place for a lunch at the Plaza than Parkway. Walk in and ask for a table anytime, or go online to reserve your spot today.
Parkway’s Lunch Menu
Parkway serves elevated comfort foods with an emphasis on quality. The menu is sophisticated, yet unpretentious. We’re not trying to reinvent the wheel and serve you a plate you’ve never heard of. Instead, Parkway creates dishes you love — we just do it better than you’ve ever tasted before. It’s the type of food you’re looking for in a Plaza lunch.
“No need to reinvent,” head chef John Hammack said. “It’s all about doing it right.”
Parkway’s kitchen sources all of the ingredients as close to home as possible. No corners are cut. We make every item on the Plaza lunch menu as fresh and local as possible. Those are items like:
- Crispy, golden Tater Tots stuffed with pepper jack cheese, paired with honey mustard and ketchup
- Ahi Tuna, sliced thin and tender, served with pickled ginger and soy
- The Parkway Salad — mixed greens, bacon, corn, egg, tomato and more
- The Southwest Chicken Salad, topped with blackened and shredded chicken, accompanied by more delicious ingredients than you can imagine
- Our Turkey Apple Brie, perfectly smoked turkey breast layered with bacon, Granny Smith apples and brie
- A Prime Rib Sandwich with shaved-to-order prime rib and caramelized onion cream cheese
- A half-rack of BBQ Ribs, slathered in house-made sauce and served with seasoned fries
- Gluten-free Cilantro Lime Shrimp, wood-fired and served over rice
This isn’t even a third of the menu you’ll see when you stop at Parkway for lunch on the Plaza in Kansas City. There’s something mouth-watering for everyone, no matter what your preferred style of food is, which is why Parkway is the best choice for any Plaza lunch.
Great For Any Kind of Lunch at the Plaza
Parkway’s mission is food with a sense of community. We recognize that a meal has the unique ability to create conversation. It can be the starting point of a friendship, or can make a great friendship even better. It’s a place for friends, family, co-workers and dates alike to smile, laugh and have great conversation.
The atmosphere at Parkway jives with the mission. It’s an airy, open dining space design to facilitate conversation. The upstairs dining room wraps around the horseshoe bar at the center of the room, and downstairs, The Lounge is waiting for a more private lunch experience — and ready for your reservation anytime.
Parkway is a great choice for any kind of lunch on the Plaza in Kansas City.
- Business Lunches: A good business lunch hits the sweet spot between professional and friendly. Parkway’ sophisticated comfort food and welcoming atmosphere do just that. Plus, you can prepare ahead and make a reservation online for you and your clients’ Plaza lunch.
- Lunch Date: Out and about around the Plaza with your significant other? Parkway is a great place for a casual lunch date. If you’re hanging around later in the afternoon, you can even catch the beginning of our Happy Hour to finish off a delicious lunch at the Plaza.
- Family Lunch: Parkway is the best place for the whole family to get lunch at the Plaza. Whether it’s a sunny Saturday outing or a weekday exploring KC, our menu has something for both parents and kids. Plus, the atmosphere is great for families.
- Casual Bite: Have an hour away from the office, or just looking for a place to enjoy a meal by yourself? Pop into Parkway and grab a seat at the bar. You’ll be greeted by friendly faces eager to serve you.
Reserve Your Parkway Lunch at the Plaza
The Plaza is one of the most popular districts in Kansas City. Don’t get caught in the crowd — reserve your table at Parkway today. You can call (816) 214-5616 or make a reservation online. We can’t wait to see you at Parkway for lunch on the Plaza in Kansas City.